Porcelain veneers, also known as dental laminates, are custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of the teeth to improve your appearance. The shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, and length. Their cost varies depending on the location and the number of teeth that require the treatment. McClane Dentistry in Stuart, FL, offers high-quality porcelain veneers to improve your facial aesthetics and oral functioning. We have experienced dentists who will thoroughly examine your teeth before deciding if veneers are the right treatment for you.
Advantages of porcelain veneers
Our veneers come with several advantages:
- Dental veneers can cover chips, cracks, and discoloration. Porcelain veneers can fix small cosmetic issues that are available when you smile.
- Dental veneers look and feel natural, no one can notice that you are wearing them. This is because they are custom-made. Porcelain veneers give you the confidence to smile and be yourself.
- Dental veneers require little enamel removal. It means that the procedure is minimally invasive.
- Porcelain veneers prevent the discoloration of teeth. Practicing good hygiene and being careful of the foods you eat can help your veneers last longer than ten years.
- Dental veneers require low maintenance. Veneers are stain-resistant, although regular brushing is recommended to make them shine even brighter.
- They are also non-porous, which means that they are also resistant to permanent stains and cavities.
Types of porcelain veneers
- Stacked ceramic- These are veneers crafted with hands by a dentist to match the shape, color, and translucency of your teeth. They offer superior aesthetics and customization.
- Pressed ceramic- They are the easiest to manufacture and are thicker than any other veneers, making them durable and strong. Although due to their thickness, they require a more substantial alteration of the tooth’s structure.
- Lithium disilicate- these types of veneers are ideal for patient prone to teeth grinding, also known as bruxers. Lithium disilicate is very strong and is created using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing(CAM) technology.
Who can get porcelain veneers?
You can use porcelain veneers if you have any of the following:
- Worn out teeth
- Discolored teeth due to: root canal treatment, excess fluoride, large resin filling, stains from tetracycline
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Irregular or uneven shaped teeth
- Teeth with gaps in between them
A professional dentist with a great reputation and enough experience in this field is the best to go for. Do not fix them by yourself or by an inexperienced dentist, this will increase the chances of a dental emergency. High risks of dental infections and bacterial will also increase. So trust only the best at McClane Dentistry, a renowned dentist office in Stuart, FL.
Getting porcelain veneers in Stuart, FL
In case of any dental issues, make sure you visit your dentist for proper medication before the infection develops into something serious. For more information, please visit McClane Dentistry located at 1001 Southeast Ocean Boulevard, Stuart, Florida 34996. Or you can talk to Dr. Vincent T. McClane D.M.D. on (772) 287-0788.