About Dental Bridges
A dental bridge is a false tooth held in place by teeth abutment on either side of the gap. The false tooth, also known as a pontic, can be made from various materials like gold, composite resin, among others. Specifically, these pontics are made from porcelain to blend in with your natural teeth aesthetically. The cost of the dental bridge depends on the number of teeth needed and the type of the bridge you desire.
At McClane Dentistry, we offer high-quality dental bridges at an amazing price. We have a fully equipped dental lab, where your bridges will be customized so that you can wear them comfortably. It will markedly restore your oral functionalities, as well as in the long run help regain your confidence to smile in public. If you are a resident of Stuart, Florida and are missing your teeth, contact us today for a replacement solution.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
The dental bridge treatment is one of the most famous restorative dentistry processes for many reasons:
- Will help restore your smile.
- Your speech and pronunciation will be restored.
- A dental bridge will maintain the shape of your face.
- Your bite will be re-adjusted to properly distribute force when chewing properly.
- Will restore the ability to chew properly.
- A dental bridge will prevent your remaining teeth from moving out of the correct position.
- A dental bridge will last a long time. Particularly, this means you can use it for more than 10 years before being replaced.
- Will help in strengthening the surrounding teeth.
- You do not need to remove them for cleaning purposes.
- They are an alternative option for implants because they are without a doubt, less painful.
Types of Treatment for a Dental Bridge
There are mainly four types of dental bridges. Depending on the conditions of your teeth, budget, and preferences, your Stuart, FL dentist might suggest any one of the following:
- A traditional fixed bridge is the most common dental bridge. Furthermore, they generally consist of two or more crowns and filler teeth that are connected. To clarify, these traditional bridges are made of metals, porcelain, metals, or ceramics.
- The cantilever bridge is where a pontic connects to one abutment tooth. Specifically, this is an option for people who have teeth on only one side of the gap.
- Maryland dental bridge (resin-bonded bridge) is suitable for people who are missing their front teeth.
- An implant-supported bridge is essentially the same as the traditional fixed bridge. However, the only difference is that it is held in place with implants instead of being cemented in the teeth.
Who is eligible for a dental bridge
Anyone with dental tooth decay, injury, or some other problems that have left you with a gap, you are eligible to go for a dental bridge. They are an excellent treatment option for anyone who has a missing tooth. However, a dental bridge is not for everyone, as you need healthy teeth on both sides to get a dental bridge. Visit your dentist’s office in Stuart, FL, and they will let you know if you are the right candidate for this treatment.
Getting a dental bridge in Stuart, FL
In any case, a dental bridge is ideal for anyone with a missing gap. It is equally important to make sure you get a specialist. The process is simple, and it is not painful. If you are in Stuart, Florida, make your appointment with McClane Dentistry and enjoy our efficient restorative dentistry treatments. You can contact us at (772) 287-0788. We are conveniently located at 1001 SE Ocean Blvd #107, Stuart, FL 34996.