Wisdom tooth extraction
Wisdom tooth extraction refers to a surgical procedure to remove one or more wisdom teeth, the four permanent adult teeth located at the back corners of your mouth on the top and bottom. When a wisdom tooth does not have room to grow, it may cause pain, infection, or other dental problems. It can also push your neighboring teeth, causing alignment issues. At McClane Dentistry, we offer wisdom teeth extraction to eligible patients. We have experienced oral surgeons in Stuart, FL, who will take care of your teeth and help you live without any pain or worries.
Advantages of wisdom tooth extraction
The benefits offered by wisdom teeth extraction in Stuart, FL, are:
- Fewer orthodontic problems due to less crowding. When wisdom teeth erupt, they are likely to overcrowd your dentition causing damage to adjacent molars. However, removing your wisdom teeth lessens the likelihood of needing braces or other expensive forms of corrective surgery to address teeth misalignment
- Fewer orthodontic problems dues to less crowding. When wisdom teeth erupt, they are likely to overcrowd your dentition, causing damage to adjacent molars. However, removing your wisdom teeth lessens the likelihood of needing braces or other expensive forms of corrective surgery to address teeth misalignment.
- Decreases the risk of oral disease and inflammation. If you impacted wisdom teeth, you have a higher chance of gum diseases. A frequent consequence of impacted wisdom teeth is inflammation of the gums, which can be persistent and hard to treat. Sepsis is a severe and life-threatening disease.
- Wisdom tooth extraction lessens orofacial pain. Extracting wisdom teeth ease’s all discomfort; for example, alleviated pressure, lessened gum sensitivity, and relieving tooth sensitivity are all made possible.
- Prevents cysts, tumors, and jaw damage. Impacted wisdom teeth are the breeding grounds for bacteria that can cause tumors, cysts, and persistent joint pain in the temporomandibular joint requiring treatment from a TMJ specialist.
Types of wisdom tooth extraction
Your wisdom tooth removal depends on how they are growing. They can be either straight up and down, sideways, or even backward!
- No impaction- when the crown of the tooth is above the jawbone and gum line.
- Soft tissue impaction- when the tooth is covered by gum tissue, and if extensive, a flap is cut in the gum to expose the tooth and make room for extraction.
- Partial boney impaction- is when the tooth is partially exposed but part of the crown trapped below the gum line and jawbone. The dentist then cuts the tooth into two or more pieces for easy removal.
Getting your wisdom teeth extracted in Stuart, FL
Wisdom teeth can be very uncomfortable and harmful to your health if they are not extracted. Consult your doctor in case of any discomforts or pain. And in case you are looking for a specialized dentist, visit McClane Dentistry. You can also call/text us at (772) 287-0788 and book an appointment.