Removable dentures are prosthetic teeth made from acrylic, nylon, or metal that fit over the gum or the remaining teeth to give the appearance a patient would have with natural teeth. Another great reason for dentures is to help patients missing most of their teeth to chew their food and speak normally. McClane Dentistry offers high-quality customized, removable dentures that would restore your facial aesthetics and oral functionalities.
Advantages of removable dentures
There are several benefits of removable dentures, such as:
- It is a less invasive procedure that will help you get your smile back.
- Removable dentures are budget-friendly.
- Dentures give you a better ability to chew and enjoy your favorite meal.
- Maintaining removable dentures is very easy and simple since you can remove them while brushing.
- Removable dentures restore your confidence and self-esteem.
Types of removable dentures
There are different types of removable dentures, and they are as follows.
- Complete dentures are a full set of false teeth for either the lower or upper jaw and sometimes for both. Types of complete dentures include:
- A conventional denture that is placed after your tooth has healed usually at 6 to 8 weeks.
- An immediate denture. This type of denture is placed immediately after the dentist removes your teeth. A more permanent conventional denture will be made available after your tissues are healed.
- An overdenture. This type of denture is placed on top of dental implants or tooth roots to provide excellent support, stability, and bone conservation.
- Partial dentures- these are a removable replacement for just a few teeth. Types of partial dentures include:
- A conventional partial denture-this type of denture is placed just after your tooth has healed.
- A transitional partial denture. This is a temporary option for patients considering dental implants later on.
Who is eligible for removable dentures?
- Men or women who have experienced a significant amount of tooth loss but have healthy gum tissue and bone.
- Anyone with badly decayed teeth.
- A person with a strong foundation to support the appliance.
- A patient who is willing to take the necessary steps to keep the dentures clean and visit the dentist at recommended intervals.
- Anyone who wants to improve their smile to boost their self-esteem.
The fitting of removable dentures can be done by a specialist called a prosthodontist or by a general dentist at McClane Dentistry, in Stuart, FL.
Getting removable dentures in Stuart, FL
A partial denture is a replacement option considered when choosing to replace a missing tooth. However, partial dentures are good options for patients with overall good dental health and those willing to spare their time and care for the appliance. However, if you are considering this option, make sure you consult with your dentist first. The dentist will be able to analyze and find out if you have acceptable oral health for support. In case of any questions or booking, contact (772) 287-0788 DR. Vincent T. McClane D.M.D. or visit IMPLANTS DC located at 1001 Southeast Ocean Boulevard, Stuart, Florida 34996.